Friday, January 20, 2012

My Tummy Hurts

We've been hit with the flu here.  Tummy aches, fever, rashes...all the other yuck that comes with it.  BLAH!    I really felt like complaining last night.  Or should I say this morning.  Early this morning.  I started to.  I even started to complain to God.  Then my little one wrapped his arms around me and said "mommy?  I think we should pray.  I'm sick"  So I let him start.  His prayer - "Dear God, Thank you that you always always always love us.  Even when I'm sick and I don't want to be sick and when I want to sleep and when we are sleeping and awake.  I love you Jesus. amen".
Well, that put an ache in my heart.  I forgot that even when my kids are sick, I'm tired, I'm not doing what I want to be doing and when I am doing the very thing my heart desires....God loves me.  He wants His best for me.  I may not know what it is in those sick times, but it's true.  Maybe God wants me to see that he gave me our bodies.  He's in control.  In fact He's in control of everything!  Sleep, the sun, big stuff, and little stuff.  Having the flu may seem like little stuff but God wants me to acknowledge Him in these little things.  Praise Him always.

No comments: