Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Content

Phillipians 4:11-13 has been repeated and read so many time in the last month by so many in my life lately. It's about contentment. Learning to have it.

I need to learn a lesson from my 4 kids. Since this topic has been a sermon series it has prompted discussions that are so encouraging.
My children are content with what God gave them. I'm just going to make a list of things they said and you'll know why I learn from them so much.

  • I don't really like dinner but I'm glad we have good food everyday and more in the fridge.
  • Crazy thick hair, glad to have it because it is a way to be like their Mom.
  • School is hard.  Better than being dumb.  Ha Ha Ha!
  • My parents are divorced but God still brought me a great life with new family members.
  • Blankie is getting washed...we have LOTS more.  Lots!
  • Too many toys to pick up.  We have lots of toys to play with!
You see, not everything is ideal but we can be content with what we do have.  God says we can learn to be.  My kids know that now and I pray I will keep learning and being content too. 

Read the passage mentioned and remember it was written by a man that was in jail, had been beaten lost his fortune and had no wordly anything anymore.   He was a rich educated man that chose to follow the Lord.  It was hard but he learned to be content. 

No comments: