Tuesday, January 24, 2012

He Fulfills His Purpose

Psalm 57
David is fleeing King Saul.  Saul want him dead.  David is living in caves in the desert, eating who know's what and feeling like he's being watched at every corner.   His goal you would think is to merely save his life. 
He stops to sing.  Sing.  He is fleeing death and he sings.  He doesn't start with happiness in the song.  In fact he pleads to God for mercy in verse one.  Verse two is what strikes me.  It says "I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me". 
He knows and believes God.  Believes God has a plan even amongst the chaos.   Even while experiencing, shall we say, less than ideal circumstances, he sees that this is for God's plan to be fulfilled. 
I have so much to learn.  I look at little inconveniences in my life and started to mentally whine.  Then something like the week long flu for the baby hits and I find myself in tears not just because I want my baby to be well, but because this is HARD!
God is fulfilling His purpose for me.  I don't know what it is, but I take great comfort that God is greater than anything I can imagine and His purpose is being fulfilled.  I will praise Him! 
I will praise Him like David...minus the dancing, I have two left feet I don't need to injure myself.   Verse 5  - Be exalted O God above the heavens

Read Psalm 57.  So good.  Rejoice that God is fulfilling His purpose in His children.  Such peace and joy can be found in that thought alone.  When you think your day is hard, look to God and praise Him for all He is doing in you.

No comments: